Job Title: Senior Surveyor
Reports To (Job Title): Survey Chief
Project Location: Muscat, Oman
The Senior Surveyor will be responsible for leading and supervising surveying activities on the project. The Senior Surveyor will be responsible for ensuring that all survey work is carried out in compliance with project specifications and quality standards. The Senior Surveyor will report to the Survey Chief and will be responsible for managing and coordinating survey activities.
Duties & Responsibilities/Deliverables:
- Analyze survey data and prepare maps, diagrams, and other documentation to support construction and design activities.
- Conduct field surveys to establish reference points, grade and elevation benchmarks, and other survey markers using surveying equipment such as total stations, GPS receivers, and levels.
- Develop and implement surveying plans, methods, and techniques to ensure that survey work is carried out in compliance with project specifications and quality standards.
- Ensure that all surveying equipment is properly maintained and calibrated.
- Ensure that surveying work complies with relevant health and safety regulations.
- Liaise with other departments and contractors on the project to ensure that surveying work is properly coordinated.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Survey Chief.
- Prepare surveying reports, progress reports and ensure that accurate records are kept.
- Provide technical advice to project teams on surveying issues.
- Supervise and lead a team of surveyors to ensure all surveying activities are completed on time and to the required quality standards.
Additional Note: The client reserves the right to interview the proposed candidate as part of the recruitment process.
- Bachelor’s degree in Surveying or related field.
- At least 5 years of experience in a similar role on construction projects.
Skills & Person Specification:
- Ability to read and interpret technical drawings and specifications.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Experience in leading and supervising a team of surveyors.
- Knowledge of relevant health and safety regulations.
- Proficient in the use of surveying software and equipment.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy.
- Strong knowledge of surveying techniques and equipment.