Job Title: Survey Chief
Reports To (Job Title): Deputy Project Director (Construction)
Project Location: Muscat, Oman
The Survey Chief is responsible for providing accurate and timely survey data for the project. The Survey Chief will be responsible for coordinating with the project team to ensure the accuracy and quality of the survey data, and for managing a team of surveyors to ensure that all surveying work is completed in a timely and efficient manner.
Duties & Responsibilities/Deliverables:
- Attend project meetings and provide updates on surveying work.
- Coordinate with the project team to ensure the accuracy and quality of the survey data.
- Develop and maintain surveying procedures and policies to ensure compliance with project standards and specifications.
- Ensure compliance with all safety and environmental regulations.
- Ensure that all surveying equipment is properly maintained and calibrated.
- Manage and supervise a team of surveyors to ensure that all surveying work is completed in a timely and efficient manner.
- Prepare survey reports and other documentation as required.
- Review survey data to ensure accuracy and completeness.
Additional Note: The client reserves the right to interview the proposed candidate as part of the recruitment process.
- Bachelor’s degree in Surveying, Civil Engineering or a related field.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in surveying, with at least 2 years in a supervisory role.
Skills & Person Specification:
- Ability to lift and move heavy survey equipment.
- Ability to stand for extended periods of time.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to work outdoors in various weather conditions.
- Knowledge of safety and environmental regulations.
- Physical Demands:
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and surveying software.
- Strong communication and leadership skills.
- Strong technical knowledge of surveying equipment, software and techniques.
- The Survey Chief will be required to work extended hours as needed to meet project deadlines.
- The Survey Chief will work on-site at the construction project, and will be exposed to the noise and dust associated with construction sites.